Forum name and logo?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Forum name and logo?

Post by Perturbee »

I've always liked the theme Simplicity as well as its name. I never figured the forum would last longer than a few months, expecting that the official forum would come back. It didn't and I forgot all about naming and making a logo. The forum is here to stay and at least until October 2017 (that's when the current hosting needs renewing).

That's where you come in. USFPF isn't that great. (Standing for: Unofficial Sims FreePlay Forum).
SimPlicity is kind of funny, because we all try to help and make things simpler or understandable.

I can create a poll for this once we have some ideas. Once picked a name I need a kind volunteer to make the logos, because I'm utterly bad at graphical editing.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Forum name and logo?

Post by JKCher »

I like SimPlicity too!
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

JKCher wrote:I like SimPlicity too!
Me Three! But I also like Unofficial Sims FreePlay Forum, because it lets people know right away what the site is all about...Everyone here is so creative that I am looking forward to the names that members will come up with...:D

P.S. I'm so glad that this site is still around - everyone is so helpful and nice!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I'm not good at all in creating names and logos. If I log in via my computer, I like the tiny green diamond, which is displayed next to the forums name in the list of bookmarks:)

I don't see the word "Simplicity" while I'm logged in. I have changed the boardstyle, because -to me- the style "subsilver" is easier to handle.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Like Erin I use, and always has used, the Subsilver2 boardstile. I absolutely love the aditional options that comes with it, and find it easier to handle.
Thats why I also don't see the word Simplicity anywhere.
I do like the name Unofficial Sims Freeplay Forum, because it in the same time explains to everyone what the forum is all about.
I am unfortunately not equipped with a designer gene :(
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
FavoredLadi
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by FavoredLadi »

Perturbee wrote:I've always liked the theme Simplicity as well as its name. I never figured the forum would last longer than a few months, expecting that the official forum would come back. It didn't and I forgot all about naming and making a logo. The forum is here to stay and at least until October 2017 (that's when the current hosting needs renewing).

That's where you come in. USFPF isn't that great. (Standing for: Unofficial Sims FreePlay Forum).
SimPlicity is kind of funny, because we all try to help and make things simpler or understandable.

I can create a poll for this once we have some ideas. Once picked a name I need a kind volunteer to make the logos, because I'm utterly bad at graphical editing.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
I love SimPlicity!

Is there a way to edit or change my username within my account?
A smile a day keeps the frown away!! :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

tinktink09is wrote:I love SimPlicity!

Is there a way to edit or change my username within my account?
You can not change it yourself, I need to make changes manually in the database.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I use subsilver2 as well. I had to go look at Simplicity to remember what it looked like. I think you should do whatever you want to do. I personally like the "Unofficial Forum" because it dissociates with the Firemonkeys but says it's a forum about Sims Free play. It's well known under this name. A kewl new logo might be nice --I have zero skills in this area but the name has recognition and changing it now... I dunno. However I support any decision you may make. It's your show. I'm just grateful the forum exists. Without you and this forum I would have abandoned SFP long, long ago and I would have missed out on some great friendships. Thanks for being here all this time and I'll always come back under whatever name.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Not naming it specifically and keeping the Unofficial SFP forum resulted in the new logos, which took me several hours to make.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Perturbee wrote:Not naming it specifically and keeping the Unofficial SFP forum resulted in the new logos, which took me several hours to make.
Superwoman!!! :lol:
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please