If you quit SFP, would you also quit this forum?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
sewknotpho-n
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

If you quit SFP, would you also quit this forum?

Post by sewknotpho-n »

I plan on sticking around for a bit. I like the people here.
I suspect that I'll be spending more time in the general forum.

Not quite ready to quit the game.
(PM me for /FB info.)
HFN - Starter House (Highest rated items. Includes haunted items and firepole)
Reindeer Refuge - Lot left of the firehouse (RR)
Haunted Houses (x2) - Marked with HH.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: If you quit SFP, would you also quit this forum?

Post by SIMazing »

I might stick around for awhile. I have been on the forum off and on all day, as well as the Facebook page. I barely ate, I barely cleaned house, I barely did my job hunting, I barely made dinner. I was broken like a teenager when their first crush crushes them.
But I like you guys. You're fun and fun to be around. You all have helped me get through this strange ordeal. So why should I go?
If it gets to the point that the forum will close down, we can agree to meet online somewhere else. But for now, I like General. And if EA has a change of heart, then we can take up where we left off. :)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I am not updating and if my iPad eventually forces me to update, I will quit SFP, but not the forum. Could go back to Sims 3 but I am not spending any more real money on Sims games. Sims Freeplay was fun because it was portable and you could still play a good game without spending money. You could spend money if you wanted to - it was an OPTION. Now it is not possible to play your own game the way you want to, without being forced to buy LP or kill off your Sims. Not doing it. Not all of us can play 24/7 - the attraction for me was having this game fit into my real life, where the other Sims games did not. My Sims will hibernate and I will check weekly to see if EA/FM fixes the mess they have made out of a good game.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Not wishing to get anyone's hopes up but I haven't updated and I'm hoping to carry on with my game in pre-update format for as long as i can. I can live without the various extras and dubious benefits.

The majority of my Sims went into hibernation yesterday but I have 2 tentatively going about normal Simlife. All functions were working this morning. The others may slowly resume normal life over the next week.

I have asked a question about whether the update can be applied without me clicking the consent button. I play on an iPad and the automatic update is off.

Obviously I will remain- dinosaur like - in a bygone age and no further quests etc will be applicable until I download this current insidious shenanigans. So....??

Back on thread, this forum and its members are a pleasure to visit. Happy to continue to look in here.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

I think I'll stay here in the forum but might've temporarily switch to other games.

So anyone out there who visits my town, kindly excuse my zombie dahlings for a while. :(

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

If I decide to quit, I'll be around. :) I won't close the forum!
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Perturbee wrote:If I decide to quit, I'll be around. :) I won't close the forum!
Thank goodness! I had wondered about that. Hurrah!! :D
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I won't play the death game. I will read with interest the travails of those who do and then foresee a sporadic future for my sims gameplay. You all are great. I've loved being a part of this forum. Thanks, Perturbee. You've created quite the forum and I'm happy to hear you'll keep it open.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I have been moving through the five stages of loss and grief (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance) rather quickly. I'm currently in and out of the depression stage, and moving into acceptance. It is deciding which move to make (a test run of the update, or a complete abandonment of the game) that will determine how fast it happens. Also, whether I will permanently move into the General subforum. Because if I abandon my game, it will only be heartache all over again to keep coming into the regular forum.

And I'm thinking, that as mad and upset as I've gotten, seeing myself strain through the bargaining stage, and knowing that even if they fix this one, the next update might just bring more grief... I'm leaning on complete abandonment. Even if they fix the game (which I think will happen, because typically people without investment or who do not want attachments do not spend money), they have lost my business forever. I see now why so many just quit without a fight. I'm nearly ready to take my gloves off. I'll need these fingers to play something else.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Perturbee wrote:If I decide to quit, I'll be around. :) I won't close the forum!
Thank you very much Perturbee. I would'nt know what to do, without this forum.
I'm trying very hard to figure out, how I'm gonna beat this.
My stragegi at this very moment, is to give everyone a personality, and let them "die" of old age as many time as it takes.
They will be reborn, and when they have made themself a Platinum Orb, they are gonna have eternal life :).
In fact I'm exited to meet the sims I've added as adults, as children :).
I do hope though, that the next updates will bring more personalities, so all my sims not end as geeks or doing sport.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please