Trying to upload an avatar photo...

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Trying to upload an avatar photo...

Post by Lishws720 »

...and I keep getting this message:

The submitted avatar is 90 pixels wide and 120 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 120 pixels wide and 120 pixels high.

What am I doing wrong? My avatar seems to be within the submission range, but it won't load. Help!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Trying to upload an avatar photo...

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Lishws720 wrote:...and I keep getting this message:

The submitted avatar is 90 pixels wide and 120 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 120 pixels wide and 120 pixels high.

What am I doing wrong? My avatar seems to be within the submission range, but it won't load. Help!
Are you trying to upload it from your mobile device? I was getting that message when I tried to upload my avatar from my tablet. I had to do it from my PC.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Yeah, my iPad mini. I can download photos, but cannot change my avatar? Sheesh!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Lishws720 wrote:Yeah, my iPad mini. I can download photos, but cannot change my avatar? Sheesh!

Yeah, don't know why. When I did it on my desktop though it worked.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Can you try again? I did discover a bug in the resize code, which might be something you encountered if the size wasn't matching. I tested it with my iPod and it worked fine now.

Other than that bug, I can not think of why it doesn't work on iPad mini
aylilth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by aylilth »

Perturbee wrote:Can you try again? I did discover a bug in the resize code, which might be something you encountered if the size wasn't matching. I tested it with my iPod and it worked fine now.

Whatever you did worked!

I'm on an iPad and could never get an avatar up but now as u can see :geek: :mrgreen:
GC-Aylilth

Sims freeplay Addict when not working!
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Perturbee wrote:Can you try again? I did discover a bug in the resize code, which might be something you encountered if the size wasn't matching. I tested it with my iPod and it worked fine now.

Does this apply to Android devices as well? Whenever I have to post images on the forum, I have to use my PC, I can't do it on my tablet.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

SeekerDraconis wrote:

Does this apply to Android devices as well? Whenever I have to post images on the forum, I have to use my PC, I can't do it on my tablet.
I just tried both a png and a jpg screenshot from my android tablet and both work fine.

Where does it go wrong and what do you use while browsing for the file? (Gallery, Filemanager, etc.)
Is the file listed after browsing?
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Perturbee wrote: I just tried both a png and a jpg screenshot from my android tablet and both work fine.

Where does it go wrong and what do you use while browsing for the file? (Gallery, Filemanager, etc.)
Is the file listed after browsing?
When posting an image on the forum this is my process:
Upload Attachment > Gallery > filename then shows up with a JPEG extension > I then choose Add File > then I receive the message: "The image file you tried to attach is invalid."
The images I post are pictures I take while playing Sims FreePlay using the in game camera option. My device is an Asus Transformer Pad with Android 4.2

[Edit] But when I transfer the images to my PC I am able to post them on the forum.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

SeekerDraconis wrote:When posting an image on the forum this is my process:
Upload Attachment > Gallery > filename then shows up with a JPEG extension > I then choose Add File > then I receive the message: "The image file you tried to attach is invalid."
The images I post are pictures I take while playing Sims FreePlay using the in game camera option. My device is an Asus Transformer Pad with Android 4.2

[Edit] But when I transfer the images to my PC I am able to post them on the forum.
It is really weird, I have a Transformer TF300T and used the gallery to do exactly the same (From The Sims Photos) and get no complaints. I also tried using ES File Explorer and a few others, I can't get it to fail. If you do have the Asus File Manager, can you try with that? (I removed it from my tablet, I like ES better).
The board does recognise: gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tiff and tiff as extensions.

I also tried on my Nexus 7, no problems there either.

Is there any chance that your Gallery might be trying to upload filename.jpg.thumb?
Other than that, I'm really at a loss why it fails from your tablet, but works with the same image from PC.

Oh, by the way, this has nothing to do with the avatar issue, that was a bug in the avatar resizer.